Auto Insurance in Arkansas: How Much Coverage Do I Need?

Every state in the U.S. has its own auto insurance coverage requirements designed to protect you in the event you’re involved in a car accident. Arkansas is no exception.

Keep reading to learn about Arkansas’s consumer auto insurance requirements.


According to the Arkansas Insurance Department, Arkansas drivers are required to carry the following auto insurance coverage:

  • $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person in any one accident;
  • $50,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more people in any one accident; and
  • $25,000 for damage to or destruction of the property of others


This coverage is designed to protect you against a claim that can be made by a person who has been injured in a car accident that is your fault. You will be covered up to the limits provided in your plan.


This coverage is designed to protect you against a claim for damage to someone else’s vehicle or other property, real or personal, in a crash that you’re responsible for.


While you are required to carry at least the minimum coverages listed above, you may purchase additional coverage in order to protect your assets in the event of a wreck. Depending on your situation, the required liability coverage may not be enough to protect you if you’re involved in a serious accident.


This type of coverage will pay for the damage to your vehicle that is the result of a collision with another vehicle or object, no matter who is at fault. In order for your vehicle to be repaired, you must pay your plan’s deductible.


This type of coverage will pay for the damage to your vehicle that is caused by a collision with an animal or damage that’s caused by something other than colliding with another vehicle.

The following hazards are covered under comprehensive insurance:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Water
  • Hail
  • Windstorm
  • Flood

This coverage may or may not require a deductible, depending on your plan.


This type of coverage will pay for your medical bills no matter who is at fault for the accident. This coverage is usually very inexpensive. The covered amount starts at $5,000 and goes up from there.

The reason this is helpful is that even if you have health insurance, this add-on can help cover your co-pays. In addition, we are finding that many providers will refuse to bill our clients’ health insurance company if they are involved in a wreck, so this coverage can assist in that situation as well.


This type of coverage pays for your damages if the other driver was at fault and either did not have insurance at all or did not have enough insurance to cover all your damages. Generally speaking, UM/UIM policies pay for any damages that would’ve been covered by the other driver’s insurance company, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

If you’ve been involved in an injury-sustaining car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Our attorneys here at Taylor & Taylor Law Firm, P.A. are highly skilled in the area of car accident personal injury law and have helped many other people just like you obtain justice. Let us see if we can help you, too. Don’t wait—contact our office with your case right away.

October 14, 2020

Call Taylor & Taylor Law Firm, P.A. today at (501) 267-9808 to discuss the details of your case.

Related Posts

Arkansas Car Accident Statistics

Arkansas Car Accident Statistics

No one ever sets out to get injured in a car accident and you are no exception. Car accidents are often frightening and painful experiences, even if no injuries are sustained. Here are the Arkansas car accident statistics that you need to knowInsurance Institute for...

read more