Andy Taylor, J.D.
Andy focuses his practice on plaintiff’s personal injury litigation and appellate advocacy. After graduating first in his class from the UA Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law in 2005 with high honors, Andy worked as a real estate attorney for Dillard’s corporate offices. Later, he went on to serve as Assistant Dean for Academic Support at the Bowen School of Law.
A founding partner of Taylor & Taylor Law Firm with wife Tasha Taylor, Andy has worked tirelessly to fight for the rights of injured people, receiving recognition as one of the top attorneys in Arkansas for a number of years. Most recently, he was recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America and his firm was named a Tier 1 firm in Little Rock for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Appellate Practice by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2020.
Andy also enjoys serving as a guest speaker at continuing legal education seminars for his peers.
Andy Taylor, J.D.
Personal Injury Litigation, Appellate Advocacy
Entered into Practice
Arkansas 2005; United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit; United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Bowen School of Law (J.D., high honors, 2005)
- Ouachita Baptist University (B.S. Computer Science, summa cum laude, 2002).
Honors & Awards
Recognized as one of the 2019 Best Lawyers in America in Personal Injury Litigation and Appellate Litigation; Selected as one of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Little Rock by Little Rock Soiree magazine (2013-2018); Recognized as one of Arkansas’s Top Attorneys by Arkansas Life magazine (2014-2018); Chosen as a Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers (2014-2018).
Personal & Professional Passions
Growing up, Andy was a huge fan of the classic television show, “The People’s Court” and, to this day, he can still recite the opening monologue. Back then, Andy could only watch; but now, he gets to live out his childhood dream, helping clients tell their stories and fighting to resolve their cases.
One of the things Andy loves most about his work is how each case is different. He likes to take time to get to know each client and evaluate their case in order to develop unique strategies for success.
His fellow law partner and wife, Tasha, have been a “power couple” ever since they met in their first year of law school. They have perfected their debate skills (first and foremost, on each other) and enjoy working together to help find the best solutions to their clients’ problems.
In Andy’s words, “Tasha and I feel like we have assembled a team at Taylor & Taylor Law Firm who truly cares about our clients and is passionate about getting them the best results possible.”
When he isn’t serving clients, Andy enjoys spending time with his family, reading, posting sarcastic tweets, and watching reruns of “The Andy Griffith Show”.
- Scariest Things You Don’t Know: Frighteningly Common Mistakes Lawyers Make: Appellate Practice, Arkansas Bar Association CLE (2017).
- What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Appeals, Arkansas Bar Association Annual Meeting (2017).
- How to Handle An Appeal, Arkansas Bar Association Annual Meeting (2016).
- Writing for Your Audience (Workshop) Panel Discussion, Arkansas Bar Association Appellate Advocacy CLE (2015).
- Preparing the Brief, Arkansas Bar Association Appellate Advocacy CLE (2015)
- May It Please The Court: Oral Argument Techniques That Get Results, National Business Institute Successfully Navigating the Appeals Process CLE (2014).
- Drafting a Winning Appellate Brief, National Business Institute Successfully Navigating the Appeals Process CLE (2014).
- Making an Ethical Appeal, National Business Institute Successfully Navigating the Appeals Process CLE (2014).
- Should I Appeal and How, Pulaski County Bar Association Back to Basics CLE (2014).
- Appellate Court and Practice, Arkansas Bar Association Bridging the Gap CLE (2012).
- Practical Pointers and Procedural Pitfalls: An Arkansas Appellate Practice Primer, Arkansas Bar Association Annual Meeting (2012).
- The Top Five Ways to Wreck Your Next Appeal . . . and How to Avoid Them, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association’s Personal Injury CLE (2011).
- Friending and Following: Applying the Rules of Professional Conduct to Social Media, 34 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 551 (2012).
- Annual Survey of Case Law: Constitutional Law, 27 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 619 (2005).
Professional Associations & Affiliations
UALR William H. Bowen School of Law Alumni Association (Board Member, (2010-present), (President-Elect (2014-2015)) (President (2015-2016)); Arkansas Bar Association (Member, Leadership Academy Committee (2010-2015)), (Member, Form Book Committee (2011-present)); Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Amicus Committee, (2011-present)); Pulaski County Bar Association; Judge Henry Woods American Inn of Court.
Corporate Real Estate Attorney, Dillard’s, Inc. (2005-2006); Assistant Dean for Academic Support, William H. Bowen School of Law (2007-2010); Associate Attorney, Cullen & Co., PLLC (2009-2010); Partner, Taylor & Taylor Law Firm, P.A. (2010-present).
Law School Honors & Leadership
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review;
- Moot Court Board; Runner-Up, Best Brief, Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C.;
- Member, Adelphia Law Journal, Volume XIV;
- Elected Honor Council Representative (2003-2005).