Hit & Run Accidents
Arkansas hit and run accidents are criminal matters because it is unlawful to leave the scene of an accident. Unfortunately, these types of incidents occur all too often, leaving accident victims with no one to hold accountable for their losses and damages.
Hit & Run Accidents 101
In Arkansas and across the United States, hit and runs occur despite the fact that they are a Class D felony punishable by up to six years in prison.
According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, these kinds of incidents account for 11% of all traffic accidents in the nation. Furthermore, one out of five pedestrians is killed in a hit and run accident every year.
When an accident occurs, drivers may flee due to the following reasons:
- They are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- They are driving on a suspended or revoked license
- They are driving without insurance
- They are texting at the time of the accident
- They are speeding or violating another traffic law
- They have something else to hide
What to Do If You’re in a Hit & Run Accident
- When a hit and run accident occurs, you should immediately call 911 and get medical attention.
- If possible, try to write down anything you can remember about the other driver’s vehicle. The license number, make, model, or any other small detail you can recall about the car or truck can help law enforcement find the person who hit you.
- Write down the names and numbers of witnesses who may have seen the accident occur and can vouch for what happened, then pass that information along to the police.
Filing a Hit & Run Accident Claim
If you sustained injuries in a hit and run and the driver cannot be found, you may be able to recover damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage from your own insurer. Your policy will need to be thoroughly reviewed in order to understand the coverages you have. The experienced attorneys of Taylor & Taylor Law Firm can analyze your policy, determine what can be done on your behalf, and pursue other viable legal avenues.
Why Taylor & Taylor Should Fight Your Hit & Run Injury Case
Taylor & Taylor Law Firm is here to provide top-notch legal representation, guidance, and support during a difficult time. We can help relieve the burden of stress with the following services:
- Our experienced attorneys will build your claim by gathering evidence, proving liability, and demonstrating the full extent of your injuries.
- We use our proven negotiation skills to bring forth a fair settlement for all of your injury-related expenses or damages. We start with your insurance policy to determine coverage. If it doesn’t cover you, we seek other avenues of coverage and compensation before it’s too late to file a claim.
- We dedicate our tenacity and legal acumen inside and outside the courtroom to obtain justice and fair compensation for you.
Contact Us via email, phone, or online chat to schedule your FREE consultation today!