Email Sidney Stewart

We Love Helping People

"If you're looking for lawyers who actually
care about you as a person, you've found us."

Arkansas Family Law Attorneys


Find Resolution in the Wake of a Divorce.

We work with clients in a variety of family law matters to help find a resolution in the midst of their family conflict:

Divorce and Legal Separation

We know that divorce can be overwhelming.  We will be with you every step of the way.  Our goal is to reduce conflict and make this process as amicable as possible.  We will listen to your concerns and aggressively advocate for your financial, parental, and personal goals.

Return to top.


Child Custody and Visitation

We know that every family is unique and every case is different.  In any custody battle, we put the needs of the children first and work with our client and their families to find the best solution for the children.

Return to top.


Child Support

We work with our clients to help be sure that the appropriate amount of child support is being paid in each case.  After child support has been established, the person paying child support may lose his or her job, become disabled, or get a pay increase.  Anytime there is a material change in income, either the payor or payee can petition the court to either increase or decrease the amount of child support that is being paid.

Return to top.



We believe that all children deserve to grow up in a loving, safe and stable home.  We also know, however, that sometimes due to death, mental or physical incapacity, drugs, or other circumstances, parents are unable to provide this for their children.  A guardianship can help protect children in these unfortunate circumstances by allowing another adult to stand in for the parents and to provide the affected children with a loving and safe home.  In these situations, the adult seeking to become the guardian over the children must obtain a legal guardianship from a court in order to make important decisions on behalf of the children, such as school and health care decisions.


Similarly, sometimes an adult needs a guardian to help manage his or her affairs. Due to age, mental incompetence, diseases (e.g., Alzheimer’s, dementia, cancer, etc.), or physical inabilities, our adult family members may be unable to make important decisions for themselves or protect their assets.  As guardian of a person, you can ensure that your loved ones are seeing a doctor regularly, taking their medicine, and receiving necessary care.  As guardian over your loved one’s estate, you can help make sure that your loved one’s mental incompetence is not causing him or her to sell assets for below market value or give away money to scammers or other individuals.  Unfortunately, there are people who take advantage of the mentally incapacitated and it is up to their family members and friends to protect them.  It is best to seek legal advice from a family law attorney when you suspect that your loved one is not able to make decisions in his or her own best interests.

Return to top.

Contempt and Enforcement of Court Orders

Unfortunately, the relief felt from obtaining a final divorce decree and custody order can be short lived when the other side refuses to follow the court’s order.  When this occurs, you need an aggressive attorney who will file a Motion for Contempt to let the court know that the opposing party has refused to follow the court’s order.  If the court finds that the opposing party is in contempt of court, the court can order that party to pay a fine, serve time in jail, or even pay your attorney’s fees and litigation expenses. 

Return to top.



Unlike a divorce, with an annulment your marriage is found to be legally void.  If an annulment is granted, that means that, legally, your marriage never actually existed. The advantage of an annulment is that you do not have to go through the stress of a divorce.  In Arkansas, you can be entitled to an annulment if you or your partner were mentally incapable of consenting to the marriage, if you or your partner were incapable of entering into the marriage due to physical causes, or if the consent of either party was obtained by force or by fraud. 

Return to top.


Prenuptial Agreements

Prenuptial agreements establish how assets will be shared both during the marriage and after (in the event of a divorce).  With a prenuptial agreement, you are able to contractually establish decisions like whether your bank accounts will be joint or separate and which property belongs to the marriage.  The clarification that a prenuptial agreement provides can lead to a stronger marriage, especially in the beginning, when sharing assets is often a brand new concept.  By defining expectations early on, couples can avoid uncomfortable discussions in the future.


Prenuptial agreements are commonly used by many people, including:

  • Business owners or potential business owners wanting to be sure their businesses are uninterrupted by divorce proceedings.

  • Individuals who could potentially inherit large sums of money or property.

  • Individuals whose future spouses have a significant amount of debt.

  • Individuals who have a high earning potential in the future.

  • Individuals with children from a previous marriage or relationship.

Return to top.


Adopting a child is one of the most exciting things you can ever do. Adoption occurs in many different situations, including a stepparent looking to adopt a stepchild, an older sibling adopting a minor sibling, a married couple, and even single individuals.  Depending on the type of adoption, the law sometimes requires a home study to be performed before you are eligible to adopt a child.  Also, there are often certain relatives of a child that are required to be notified and possibly prior to going forward with an adoption.  Without an experienced professional to assist you, the steps involved in adoption can make the process long and overwhelming.  Adoptions are one of our favorite things to assist people with because it is one of the happiest times in their lives.  We work hard to help our clients experience happy and fulfilling adoption. 

Return to top.



When a child is born out of wedlock, and paternity has not been established, the mother is presumed to have sole custody of the child. The father will need to petition the court to establish paternity before he can gain any visitation or custody rights.  Likewise, a mother will need to petition the court to establish paternity if she is seeking a child support order.

Return to top.

Talk to a Little Rock Family Law Attorney Today

If you are experiencing a life-changing event or need help with issues arising from a family dispute, call us to talk to Family Law Attorney Sidney Stewart today.

When life doesn't go as planned, you need someone who will  look out for you. 

If you're going through a change in your family, we understand that you need an advocate who cares about you and who will also help you fight for what you deserve.  


Call Today:  (501) 246-8004


t 501.246.8004

f 501.246.8009

12921 Cantrell Road, Suite 205
Little Rock, Arkansas 72223

  • w-facebook
  • Instagram Clean
  • YouTube - White Circle
  • LinkedIn Clean

© 2020 Taylor & Taylor Law Firm, P.A.

"T" Logo and artwork is a registered trademark of Taylor & Taylor Law Firm, P.A.